For First Time Users
The Tokyo Metropolitan University Library consists of the Central Library (Minami-Osawa Campus), the System Design Library (Hino Campus) and the Health and Sciences Library (Arakawa Campus). Each library has its own materials and policies taking into consideration the characteristics of the education and research of the particular campus.
Eligibility for Library Use
Note: Click each item for specific information.
- graduate students
- advanced course students
- credited auditors
- research students
- credit transfer students
- working auditing students and certified nurse trainees of the university
Note: Certified nurse trainees can only use the Health Sciences Library.
- Full-time teachers
- part-time teachers
- guest lecturers
- guest researchers
- exchange researchers
- part-time researchers
- research fellows
- professors emeritus and research assistants of the university
- Regular staff
- full-time contract workers
- part-time contract workers and temporary staff of the university
See “Information on Library Use for Tokyo Residents” if you are a part-time worker (temporary hire).
- Graduates of the university and its previous incarnations (Tokyo Metropolitan University, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Technology, Tokyo Metropolitan University of Health Sciences, etc.), those who have completed graduate school programs, those who completed credits but left before graduation (doctoral program), those who have worked as teaching staff
- members of Open University (OU)
- Graduate students and full-time teaching staff of affiliated universities (Chuo University, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies and Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science)
- Individuals with referrals from libraries of which they belong (advance notice is required)
- Individuals living or working in Tokyo (at least 18 years of age; not belonging to another university or learning institution)
- Healthcare professionals (including individuals involved in education and research at medical institutions and medical research institutions)
Note: Healthcare professionals can only use the Health and Sciences Library.
If you have any questions, contact the library.
Library Contact Information
Tel: 042-677-2404 Fax: 042-677-2403 E-mail：firstname.lastname@example.org
1-1 Minami-Osawa, Hachioji City, Tokyo 192-0397
System Design Library
Tel: 042-585-8614 Fax: 042-583-5026 E-mail：email@example.com
6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino City, Tokyo 191-0065
Health and Sciences Library
Tel: 03-3819-1211 (main line) Fax: 03-3892-2248 E-mail：firstname.lastname@example.org
7-2-10 Higashi-Ogu, Arakawa-ku, Tokyo 116-8551